Sunday 30 January 2011

Banana Cupcakes


Banana cupcakes = delicious.

I've never made these before, but thought today I would give them a go. They were pretty simple to make. The usual cupcake recipe (2 eggs, 4oz flour. etc), with mashed banana added. I used about 3 medium bananas.
This mixture made enough for 6 large muffin cases and some. I don't like waste so after seeing I had a little bit left, I got out some small cupcake cases and had enough mixture for 4 of those.

In the oven they went. For 18 minutes at 160°


For the icing, I made vanilla butter cream. Simple, but delightful!

I decided that I would make the smaller cakes in to butterfly cakes. Especially handy if you have children who won't be able to manage a full sized cupcake.


Then I iced the cupcakes. I also left one plain one as I think they're yummy without frosting too! They are moist, the banana flavour isn't at all overpowering and the butter cream isn't sickly, so in other words - they're nice frosting or not.


TA DAH!

Kudos to the first person who can spot the damaged cake...dropped one on top of another and then one fell on the floor. I'm sure my dog won't mind polishing that one off!

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this blog post. Expect many more from Kirsty and I.

Bye for now,

Hayley xx

No comments:

Post a Comment