Friday 4 February 2011

Chocolate Cherry Cupcakes



Today I tried my hand at using a cherry hot chocolate to flavour my cake mix. It worked really well - I used Options Cherry Hot Chocolate and some more cocoa to make it extra chocolately.

Then I made up some buttercream icing with real butter this time - tastes so good! For the dusky pink colour I used red, black and a little bit of blue, sprinkled some chocolate strands and then piped more icing on top. I've added more read colouring to the top icing to give it a different colour. Added non pareils (hundreds and thousands) and a natural colour glace cherry. 

I really love the dusky colour icing - hope I can recreate it!!

Kirsty
x

1 comment:

  1. Oh these look so yummy Kirsty! This doesn't help tho...us dieters are drooling over these yummies! lol

    Must say, I'm very impressed with both of you & your cupcakes..just wished I had the willpower to resist...

    ummm,...cupcakes! lol


    {it's Hayley's mum btw)
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete