Friday 4 February 2011

Coconut Cupcakes



After a busy three days, I finally had time to make some more cupcakes. I love coconut and so does everyone else in my household, so of course I made these.

I added 50g of desiccated coconut to the normal cupcake mixture. I always forget what this stuff is called, I always want to say 'decaffeinated coconut' or another word which I won't say when we're dealing with food!


My fan oven was set at 150° and these took about 18 minutes. There was enough mixture for 12. 6 bigger cases, and 6 smaller.




Ok, it's offical. I adore these cupcake cases. Or should I say I j'adore these cupcake cases :)
I got so excited when I found them because I love zebra print. Oh, and I love pink.



I left the cupcakes to cool on a wire rack for a good 15 minutes or so. I decided to decorate with caramelised decaffeinated desiccated coconut. All I did was put a frying pan on a medium heat, put the coconut in there and slighty browned it off (it didn't take very long!) and then added 1 tbsp of sugar, then it caramelised. Then I set it on a plate to cool down.

Whilst it was cooling, I made the butter cream. I was supposed to make it stiffer than it came out, but I ran out of icing sugar (typical), it didn't matter too much though! I was going to do glacĂ© icing with a cherry on the top. But guess what, I ran out of glacĂ© cherries too (that might be because I have a thing with eating them out of the pot *whistles*).


Then I spread some on the cakes and sprinkled the caramelised coconut on top. Easy! I left some plain too though. These cakes are really nice (not that I'm blowing my own trumpet or anything...), they aren't even too coconutty (that's totally a word)

De-lish!
Now the only other thing that will make me happy, is some comments on this blog. We would love any feedback, advice, or just a hello :)


Hayley xx

1 comment:

  1. Hi gals,

    Lovely blog and even lovelier cupcakes (chief taster here lol)

    Love how you've photographed step-by-step pics.

    Can't wait to see what you make next!

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete