Sunday 20 February 2011

Football Cupcakes


Yesterday, one of my cousins turned 11. He is obsessed with Manchester United so I knew that I had to do football cupcakes for him.

I used a one egg sponge recipe and baked the cupcake in the oven for about 15 minutes. Let them cool (you know the deal now!) and then decorated.

I used butter cream icing with green food colouring. I used natural food colouring, which is why it didn't go as green as I'd like, I added so much in! I had to use natural as one of my cousins will go LOOPY if I used the not natural stuff.

I tried to get the icing to look grass like, I used this nozzle to get the effect. Originally I was going to have the Manchester United rice papers on top of the grass, but thought it'd look better this way. I used a cocktail stick, rice paper on each side and icing to stick together.

I was also going to have chocolate footballs on the cupcakes to make them look even more football-y. But do you think I could find them anywhere? NOPE. In the end I found some Haribo football themed jellies, which didn't look too bad. But if I ever do them again, I'm going to use the chocolate footballs, as long as I can find them somewhere!



Anyway, there we go.

Expect a blog from one of us soon (I need to get my thinking cap on, don't know what ones to make next. Hmm...)

Hayley x

No comments:

Post a Comment