Saturday 19 February 2011

Valentines Day Cupcakes


A friend of ours asked if we could bake some valentines day cupcakes for her boyfriend. Of course, we were happy to!

We used a basic cupcake recipe (vanilla) and decided to go with the marble effect. We split the mixture in to two bowls and coloured one lot.


Then we put the mixture in to the cases, pink first, then white, then pink (and vice versa!), then got our cocktail sticks and then did our stuff. I always see recipes saying use a knife to do it, but I find that cocktail sticks work so much better.



In the oven for 15-20 minutes and they came out looking good! (And very large...bit too much mixture in the cases I think)

Kirsty chopped the tops off (saving them for later!!) while I started dying the white icing red...or should I say pink!



Our friend gave us some cute "I love you" cutters so we used them to add lettering :)

Here's the final result!


And with the tops, we made buttercream sandwiches (DELICIOUS!)



Love, Hayley x

1 comment:

  1. YUMMMMAGE (apparently) My hands look so pale! lol I'm investing in fake tanner x

    ReplyDelete